- Read configuration file, store data to user created variable
- Create folder structure, delete all the files downloaded during last run and copy report Excel sheet to output folder
- Open report Excel sheet, launch CM webpage and login
- Fetch current alarms, CM alarms, server alarms and backup logs data
- Capture status summary, process status, display configuration and backup history details
- Logout from the CM webpage, launch Putty CLI software and login
- Execute commands to capture system uptime, RAM and HDD utilization details
- Exit from the putty, populate fetched data from CSV files, save and close sheet
- Send report Excel sheet to configured email address
This bot will be useful to monitor the Avaya Communication Manager web portal and CLI system monitoring purposes. As this is a manual and time-consuming activity. With the help of this bot, the entire process will be automated without any human involvement.
The bot can be scheduled to run as per business requirement on predefined intervals which can be hourly/ daily/ weekly or any desired time and at the end of the execution, a consolidated detailed report will be attached and send to the respective configured email id.
Apart from Avaya CM system monitoring, we can also monitor other Avaya related and other vendor’s systems
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Customer Service & SupportInformation TechnologyOperations
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- March 29, 2021
- First Published
- March 29, 2021
- Enterprise Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Putty CLI desktop software
- Avaya CM 6.0.x or higher
- Avaya provided Linux OS 6.8+
- Microsoft Excel 2013 or 2016
- Avaya CM license and admin user credential