- When you scan a document that has text or numeric data on it, you are able to read and understand what is written.
- However, to a computer, the resulting image file is just as meaningless an assortment of pixels as a landscape photo.
- Use this bot to transform this information into an editable format that you can search, copy, and modify.
Recognize & extract text in an image using OCR. Text recognition in images is an active research area that attempts to develop a computer application with the ability to automatically read the text from images.
Nowadays there is a huge demand for storing the information available on paper documents into a computer-readable form for later use. One simple way to store information from these paper documents into the computer system is to first scan the documents and then store them as images.
However, to reuse this information it is very difficult to read the individual contents and searching the contents form these documents line-by-line and word-by-word. The challenges involved are the font characteristics of the characters in paper documents and quality of the images.
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- RPA Development
- Artificial IntelligenceCognitive Automation
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- December 2, 2020
- First Published
- October 5, 2018
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Image with 300+ DPI containing text within it.