- Read configuration file, store data to user created variable
- Create folder structure, delete all the files downloaded during last run and copy report Excel sheet to output folder
- Open report Excel sheet, Launch Avaya site administrator and login
- Execute all the 15 listed CM commands and capture screenshots
- Exit from the Avaya Site Administrator, Insert all the captured screenshots in the report excel sheet
- Save and close report Excel sheet, and send consolidated report Excel sheet to configured email address
This bot will be useful to execute major Avaya Communication Manager commands on Avaya site administration and share captured details over mail. As above processes are manual and time-consuming activities. With the help of this bot, the entire process will be automated without any human involvement.
The bot can be scheduled to run as per business requirement on predefined intervals which can be hourly/ daily/ weekly or any desired time and at the end of the execution, a consolidated detailed report will be attached and send to the respective configured email id.
Apart from the above Avaya CM major commands execution on ASA automation, we can also create an automation bot on 3rd party tool such as Putty CLI-based software. Where after login with CM user credential bot can execute all major and useful commands, and generate reports
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Customer Service & SupportInformation TechnologyRPA Development
- RPA Developer ToolsSecurityUtility
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- March 29, 2021
- First Published
- March 29, 2021
- Enterprise Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Avaya site administration (ASA) 6.0.x SP14
- Avaya CM 6.0.x or higher
- Avaya provided Linux OS 6.8+
- Microsoft Excel 2013 or 2016
- Avaya CM license and admin user credential