- Exports the user name and ID in a CSV format and stores the same for future use
- Exports the records to be transferred based on the filter criteria set
- CSV file is manipulated by the bot to replace the Owner ID values with the User ID of the new record owner
- The bot then updates the records
Salesforce administrators are responsible for tasks ranging from helping users develop reports and reset passwords to maintaining data quality, adding fields, and running backups, among many others.
To help Salesforce administrators, Thirdware has decided to come up with a series of bots that would take care of various Ad-hoc, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly tasks. The Salesforce transfer of ownership of records bot is second in series of bots that Thirdware is coming up with.
One of the key task of Salesforce administrator is to transfer record ownership due to changes in job responsibility or territory coverage. Salesforce has an option to mass transfer records. But that’s a very tedious and time consuming job as explained in Salesforce help.
The Salesforce Mass Transfer Records bot helps Salesforce admin to take care of transfer of ownership of records.
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Customer Service & SupportInformation TechnologySales
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- December 8, 2020
- First Published
- January 10, 2020
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Salesforce user name used for Mass Transfer Records with specific access, Salesforce Security Token and Salesforce client
- MassTransferRecords.csv – Config file which provide details of to access salesforce environment
- MassTrf1.csv (you can have multiple files numbered sequentially 1,2,3…)