- This bot uses the Fuzzy match action to compare the values of two strings or files for similarity
- This action returns a decimal value; the closer the value to 1.0, the greater the similarity between the two strings
- Input value is File (in .txt/.pdf) / String to compare the values of two strings or files and returns a decimal value
This bot can be used to automate the process of evaluating strings of data for similarity.
Use this action to automate the process of evaluating strings of data for similarity. For example, you have an automation sequence in which a bot extracts data from invoices, searches a database for the company record, and updates the record with data from the invoice. Use the Fuzzy Match bot to handle two possible scenarios:
• A mistake occurs at the extraction step where a letter is incorrectly extracted. Instead of Apple, the bot extracts App1e, with a numerical one instead of the letter l.
• There is a small variation between the company name on the invoice and in the database. The invoice contains the company name Apple Inc, but the database has a record for the company name Apple.
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Information TechnologyRPA DevelopmentSoftware Development
- Artificial IntelligenceCognitive AutomationUtility
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- February 11, 2021
- First Published
- February 10, 2021
- Enterprise Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- There is a small variation between the company name on the invoice and in the database
- This bot can be used as an alternate to any API/3rd Party Tool
- An automation sequence in which a bot extracts data from invoices, searches a database for the company record