- Text string randomization.
- Connecting to an organization's Active Directory through LDAP connection.
- Sending randomized text string to Active Directory as a new password.
- Connecting to Automation Anywhere's Credential Vault External API.
- Interacting with Credential Vault API to update a username's Auto Login settings password.
At a high level, this process accomplishes the task of resetting a bot runner’s Active Directory password and pushing that updated password into said Bot Runners Client Login settings. Thereby allowing a cyclical password reset process per your organization's requirements, minimizing human interaction and human error. Having the passwords reset in an automated fashion will have a tremendous effect on any audits due to the consistency and accuracy of the automated process every time.
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Finance and AccountingInformation TechnologySupply Chain Management
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- July 24, 2020
- First Published
- July 1, 2020
- Enterprise Version
- Community Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Active Directory Connectivity
- A user with AAE_Admin permissions