This bot will create a new project in Oracle based on an existing project template and using source data from an Excel worksheet.
- This bot will ensure that all APIs are automatically called and data is verified before a project is created.
- The creation of projects instantaneously based upon request received electronically will help to record all financial information in a timely manner.
- The project administrator will not be required to perform tedious data entry and can spend time monitoring and analyzing project costs.
- If there any exceptions or errors, the user will be notified via email.
- The project manager can be informed via email when the project is ready for cost accrual and to accept financial transactions.
Oracle Projects provide two user interfaces for the creation of a project: The HTML interface using a browser or Oracle Forms using Java Applet. This bot uses the HTML based forms for the creation of a project. This will enable the bot to create a project and its task structure as per the template.
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Input: Excel file containing basic project information