- Capture Information from W-9 Forms
- Create new spreadsheet for data if needed
- Alerts user by email with spreadsheet attached when task is completed
Our financial department found creating new Customers in our online CRM to be a tedious and time-consuming task. While creating an associated bot to solve that problem, we discovered that we could spin off this bot and it would have many unrelated users. After all, every time a Vendor or Customer W-9 would come in, the Finance department would have to extract information from it, a tedious but necessary task.
As a result, we decided to spin this bot off to work separately. The bot takes a folder of W-9 forms and captures certain information from them into an Excel Spreadsheet which can easily be fed into the Create Customers Quickbooks bot. Once the spreadsheet is created, the bot will email it to the user, reducing the tedium and increasing the accuracy of this small, but necessary, function. There is simply no need to copy and paste information from W-9s on a large scale manually anymore!
- Business Process
- Finance and AccountingSales
- Passed third-party anti-virus scan conducted by Automation Anywhere.
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- November 22, 2019
- First Published
- November 8, 2019
- Enterprise Version
- Community Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Automation Anywhere version 11.3
- Microsoft Excel
- Digitized W-9s of the customers, saved as PDFs in a single folder