- Loop through monitoring folder for a new file
- Get the new files filename and file creation datetime and comapre with the queue file
- If the file is not logged in queue file, generate the GUID and update the queue file
Many times, we require automation of a process whose input is the new file in a folder. This job can be done in the processing bot, but this will lead to the complexity of the process. We all need a solution for this scenario where we get the input in queue form, which can be either Excel or DB. And the solution is a File Watcher, which checks the folder on a continuous basis and provides you the queue of file locations.
This Automation Anywhere bot monitors a specific folder for new files in that folder. The files which are created in the last x (any number) minutes will be picked up by the bot. The extracted files from the folder will be logged in an Excel queue. The queue contains the location of the file, created time, and unique ID for each file.
This bot is very useful in monitoring the activities in a folder and picked-up files can be used as the input for another process. The bot can be scheduled to run 24x7 every x minutes to not lose any files.
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Finance & AccountingHuman ResourcesShipping & Distribution
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- September 2, 2021
- First Published
- September 2, 2021
- Community Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- Configure the "Folder_To_Monitor" key in config file: It is the path which BOT monitors for new file
- Configure the "File_Types_Allowed" key in config file: It is the type of file which bot will monitor
- Configure the "QueueFilePath" key in config file: It is the path of the Excel file where new file details will be logged
- Configure the "KillExcelScriptPath" key in config file: It is script file used for closing Excel files