This bot validates:
- N-number of input files in either XLS or CSV file formats
- N-number of rows of headers/columns in the single file
- The headers horizontally and vertically, and that the headers sit on any row or column
It also gives the details of which column/row header/order has changed. It provides the flexibility to validate based on simple configuration changes.
The bot enforces coding standards, reduces maintenance work and developer rework effort, and increases the speed of coding.
- Most of the processes have at least one or more input/output files (either XLS or CSV)
- Configure file path, headers and header row/column in the XML
- Call this bot at the start of process
- In XML, keep a minimum of at least one template nodes ex: XLS or CSV
- If only XLS needed, keep CSV nodes and make its values empty
- If only CSV needed, keep XLS nodes and make its values empty
- Note: If header names or the order of headers were changed, the bot will fail
- Most of the processes skip the header validations due to the extra coding effort required, apart from the business rules and requirements. Before you run, you have to map the input file path and headers in the XLReusableBOT.xml file
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Information Technology
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- January 22, 2021
- First Published
- October 9, 2018
- Enterprise Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- AAE v11.2
- Inputs: Any XLS or CSV input files