- Throw exception
- Deliberately cause your task to Fail
ThrowException-AutomationAnywhere.mbot will provide functionality to deliberately create an error with desired error message which can then be handled using the Error Handling command.
The current design of Automation Anywhere is that even an error occurs in one of the Sub-Tasks(Child Tasks), the Parent-Task will still be marked as “Successful”.
ThrowException-AutomationAnywhere.mbot is useful in cases such as:
- When you want to create an error deliberately and catch it using Error Handling command.
- Deliberately causing an error at the Parent Task in case an error occurs at the Sub Task, thus marking the Parent Task as “Unsuccessful” on Control Room.
- Bot Security Program
- Business Process
- Finance and AccountingHuman ResourcesInformation Technology
- ProductivityRPA Developer ToolsSecurityUtility
- Automation Type
- Last Updated
- March 2, 2020
- First Published
- October 10, 2019
- Enterprise Version
- Community Version
See the Bot in Action
Download the Bot and follow the instructions to install it in your AAE Control Room.
Open the Bot to configure your username and other settings the Bot will need (see the Installation Guide or ReadMe for details.)
That's it - now the Bot is ready to get going!
Requirements and Inputs
- .NET Framework 4.8, 4.7.2, 4.7.1, 4.7, 4.6.2, 4.6.1, 4.6, 4.5.2, 4.5.1, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 2.0, 1.1